Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why I'm going back to the Big Easy

Well, I was invited, of course! Specifically , I was invited to this to watch the following:


How the hell is he getting that much sound out of that Shure 55? I think it must be gutted and replaced with better components. And I thought Jimbo Wallace, the bass player, was running guts, but those sound steely to me... Sorry. Dorked out for a second.

I will also get to see these guys:



And also:


Oh, yeah, and I might see Nine Inch Nails and REM and Stone Temple Pilots. And the Buzzcocks. If I really wanted to, I could watch Panic at the Disco and some other big name acts. But I am most excited about the traditional jazz, a la Preservation Hall. Well, and some crawfish etouffee. And a dose of sunshine. And maybe a glass of whiskey or two. And some handholding.

1 comment:

  1. If you have room in your suitcase, please grab me some music!

    I wish you could keep a video camera taped to your head the whole time, with a live feed so I can pretend I'm there.

    ReplyDelete