Friday, August 08, 2008

I wish I Twittered, cuz this isn't really a whole post.

It is sort of a live blog, though.

I love the opening ceremonies. My favorite thing so far is when they were cutting from the Marshall Islands (nice crown of spiky bits, dude!) to the Cayman Islands. The announcers says, "We got a message asking us not to cut to commercial during the Cayman Islands' march so the folks back home can see them on T.V. Even though they're not anywhere close to each other in marching order, here you go Cayman Islands. Your Olympians." Then they showed like six grinning, humble looking athletes unabashedly gawking at the crowd and waving at the cameras. They are my Olympic Pets for the 29th Olympiad.

1 comment:

  1. I just watched the first hour online. Why do Olympic opening ceremonies always make me so weepy?

    ReplyDelete